President JB Brown explains that his company opened an on-site wellness center for employees so they will always have access to affordable healthcare. “At a time when more businesses than ever before are looking for ways to cut back on healthcare services to control costs, we have decided to put that service at the forefront for our employees,” says Brown. “In addition, our facility is cash-free, meaning that employees and dependents can receive free generic prescriptions and care.”
Below are a few of the reasons Bremen Castings has decided to take control over their healthcare services:
- Easy Accessibility: By bringing the doctor (and nurse practitioner, RN and medical assistant to be exact) on-site, patients can receive medical attention in a more timely fashion. The clinic operates 40 hours a week and is open to both employees and their families.
- Control Costs: With the price of premiums and deductibles soaring due to increased demand, Bremen is helping to control costs and raise their bottom-line by opening a healthcare clinic rather than depend solely on external medical services.
- Obamacare Uncertainty: With pages upon pages of the law to be determined, there are doubts as to which provisions will stick at all. With the implementation of the wellness center, employees are not left waiting on the sidelines.
- Higher Tax Effects: The healthcare law will yield higher taxes on personal income, increasing the cost of healthcare and leaving less money to spend on business. The cash-free clinic will keep employees from being nickel and dimed for routine medical check-ups.
- Long-Term Health Awareness: The mission of the wellness center is a commitment to long-term healthcare. The purpose of the facility is not only for treating sickness but also an asset for employees and their families to obtain health education and live a healthier life.
About Bremen Castings Inc.: this family owned foundry and machine shop was founded in 1939 in Bremen, Indiana. With over 70 years of experience, BCI is known worldwide for its quality gray and ductile iron machined castings. As a leader in the machining & foundry industry, Bremen houses its own machine shop & foundry. Keeping up with technology is high on the priority list with the Brown family as the company continually reinvests in new equipment for production, environmental, and automation improvements. BCI uses 92% recycled ferrous material to produce world class gray and ductile iron castings for our world market. For more information about Bremen Castings Inc. please visit their foundry and machine shop website